Rounding up, packing up, lifting, trucking, lifting again and unboxing every single item you own unfortunately leaves some room for error. Cross your fingers, double up on tape, and whatever you do, don’t commit these 19 hilariously bad moving mistakes.
1. Give up on packing and just move the whole house.
2. Booking the first “cheap moving van” that popped up on Google, then being disappointed when a cheap, moving van shows up.
3. Remembering that your phone charger’s in there … somewhere.
4. Not bending at the knees.
5. Loading too much on the dolly.
6. Using a box cutter to open your kid’s belongings … and Mr. Wiggles is at the top of the box.
7. Thinking one string is enough.
8. Being a lounger and not an unpacker.
9. Failing to pack Great Aunt Doris’ china securely.
10. Assuming your coffee table would fit in the passenger seat.
11. Underestimating the size of your figurine collection.
12. Not checking the weather on moving day.
13. Purchasing bubble wrap but not earplugs.
14. Instructing the truck to head to Springfield, Fla. … and the truck ends up in Springfield, Ill.
15. Forgetting to make moving-day arrangements for Fido.
16. Asking your party-animal buddy to help you move.
17. Insisting on doing it all in one trip.
18. Reassembling every table and bookcase, and somehow having these screws left over.